- SANS Institute’s Security Awareness Tip of the Day – Daily tips on user awareness. No real technical mumbo-jumbo – just good sense.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation – “The leading nonprofit organization defending civil liberties in the digital world.”
- TrueCrypt – Full Disk and File Encryption
- PGP Portable – File and text encryption
- PGP Key Exchange Server – Assymetric Encryption Key Exchange; mine’s listed under ‘email@example.com’
- PGP Key Exchange Server (MIT) – MIT’s Assymetric Encryption Key Exchange; mine’s listed under ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
- SANS Institute – The SANS Cyber Security Training Institute
- Agile Bits – Creators of 1Password, a well-respected password manager. They make Windows, MacOS, IOS, Android. Price is a bit steep ($35 for Mac or Windows, $8 for Android), but you only pay once unlike Lastpass, which is a subscription.
- Encryption Works – A 30-page whitepaper, written by Micah Lee (who helped Edward Snowden publicize original leaks about the NSA), discussing user encryption – and you don’t need a full business or government budget to do it!
Security for The Masses